A knowledgeable recruitment professional with several years of experience solely within the Plastics Industry, having successfully managed single and multiple assignments for highly demanding functions across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, South America and North Africa.
Extensive knowledge of the Raw Material Sector, demonstrating an impressive track record of recruiting for a range of well-recognised organisations in the Polymer Sector.
A marketing and sales role to develop and convert new business opportunities for the Engineering Plastic products offered by the company in the Italian market.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Represent the company with comprehensive knowledge and application of the policies.
• Research new customers and identify how the sales policy addresses their needs.
• Managing and expanding relationships with existing customers including problem solving.
• Achieve company objectives by planning thoroughly, setting sales goals, analysing performance and preparing forecasts.
• Ability to motivate and manage a sales team.
• Budget planning.
• Oversee day-to-day operations, which includes anything from customer visits and inquiries, sales offer, logistics, quality topics and payment control.
• Build good working relationships with colleagues within the organisation, communicating clearly and effectively to contribute to the growth of the company.
Skills and knowledge required:
• Relevant education – plastics engineer / materials.
• Five or more years in managing sales of Engineering Polymers in a corporate environment.
• Proved experience in the Automotive Sector (relationship with OEM’s, Tier 1) would be advantageous.
• Record of success in achieving sales results matching assigned budget.
• Initiative and proactive approach.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Good learning ability.
• Assertiveness, reliability and service oriented.
• Fluent in Italian and English language.
• Capacity to travel extensively (at least 80% of the time).
AREAS OF ASSIGNMENT:
Develops and implements the overall sales strategies, both long and short term, forecasts sales, establishes sales goals and incentive programs for sales team, and maintains effective budgetary control of sales expenses. Responsible for supervising the Account Managers to assure growth, product / service development, communications between the company and its customers, quality, profitability and operating cost reduction. Responsible for managing and growing a specific territory and customer base within the region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Marketing and Business Planning: Develops marketing plans, business plans, sales strategies and action plans for identified targets of opportunity that clearly define objectives, goals and strategies.
• Market Analysis: Analyses and defines the market for company product(s) growth within the assigned product market segment. Maintains a current market analysis defining the total market, company market share, competitor market share and available market share by application.
• Pricing: Develops and complies competitive pricing information.
• Forecasting: Analyses and reviews Account Manager’s forecast covering projected new business, market trends, special projects, etc.
• New Business Proposals: reviews and directs new business pre-proposal and proposal efforts, advising the Account Managers for internal preparation activities.
• Sales: Provide support and leadership to all Account Managers to implement company sales strategies and tactics. Also, assists with the orientation of new co-workers and continuing education/training of staff as required. This position not only manages a team of Account Managers, but is also solely responsible for managing the sales strategy and growth of a specific territory.
• Conducts weekly conference calls, and schedules quarterly meetings with Account Managers.
• Performs other duties and assignments as directed.
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
• Bachelor´s or university degree in Business, Marketing, Management, Engineering or related field.
• At least 7 years of experience in the plastic industry.
• Demonstrated ability to develop new business and achieve profitable sales in highly competitive markets.
• Must be able to travel to customer sites, vendors and to trade shows.
• Able to communicate in English well.
• Must be able to travel to customer sites and suppliers.
• Skilled in the use of computer software.
• Ability to lead people and work in team.
• Strong leadership and excellent negotiation skills.
• Strong communication and decision-making skills.
• Strong sense of direction and visioning.
Responsibilities For Safety, Health & Environmental:
• Individual is expected to perform job duties safely and in compliance with documentation outlined in the Safety, Health & Environmental system.
• Oversees all employee activities to ensure compliance with all Safety, Health and Environmental Policies.
• Supports the continuous improvement of the Safety, Health & Environmental System
Responsibilities For Quality:
• Individual is expected to perform job duties in compliance with defined management system requirements.
• Drive innovation and serve as key point of contact for product development across the designated segment.
• Provide support and guidance to the project leaders.
Major / key accountabilities:
• Actively share information on scientific, technological developments, market trends, competitor activities, and customer insights within the segment.
• Facilitate communication among stakeholders and promote knowledge sharing.
• Consolidate knowledge through the creation of internal reports.
• Intellectual property management within the assigned segment, including patent filing and patent surveys.
• Train and coach colleagues in the domain of expertise.
Representation and promotion of innovation:
• Engage in the scientific community through networking, conferences, and presentations.
• Foster strong collaboration with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of innovation initiatives into the product development process.
• Promote new technologies and products within the company and to customers.
New product and expertise development:
• Manage and execute strategic innovation projects to develop new material solutions for assigned applications and to develop technical expertise for future product and application development projects.
• Organize project meetings, define project deliverables, monitor timelines and resources, and report deviations.
• Consolidate project information in reporting tools.
• Assess and mitigate risks associated with innovation projects.
• Support customer facing team to understand and identify customer or market requirements and technical expectations and translate them into product characteristics.
• Coordinate project execution with internal labs and industrial teams.
Leverage technical expertise to support the organization:
• Assist the Raw Material Manager in surveying raw materials, identifying new raw material projects, and executing the raw material project pipeline.
• Lead strategic raw material projects.
• Support the industrialization team and facilitate the implementation of raw material changes.
• Support the sales organization and industrial team when technical expertise is requested.
• At least 8 years of experience in an R&D function within the field of engineering plastics with a deep understanding of products, technologies, and applications.
• Proven experience in effectively managing innovation projects from ideation to completion, including defining project scopes, timelines, and resource allocation.
• Experience in leading and mentoring teams.
• Knowledge or experience in the consumer and/or industrial market.
• PhD or MSc in Polymer Science, Material Science or Chemistry.
• Strong leadership skills to guide and inspire cross-functional teams and mentor staff in innovation and product development.
• Proficiency in project management techniques to effectively plan, execute, and monitor innovation projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Achievement drive.
• Customer and business orientation.
• Languages: English is required; German/Italian are desirable.
AREAS OF ASSIGNMENT:
Our client is a Pan-European distribution company of engineering thermoplastics, representing a number of well-known global suppliers of thermoplastic materials.
• European product marketing and management of assigned suppliers and their products.
• Creating and maintaining product strategies and market development concepts.
• Pricing of the product portfolio and ensuring profit targets.
• Ensuring goal achievement in accordance with annual planning.
• Maintaining and expanding supplier relationships.
• Providing go-to-market packages and content for traditional and digital marketing channels.
• Further development of the project pipeline in collaboration with the Business Development department.
• Continuous market and competition observation.
• Supporting sales and application development in processing product-related customer inquiries.
• Technical studies, preferably in plastics technology with initial professional experience or business studies or training as an industrial clerk in the chemical industry with many years of professional experience.
• Professional experience in product management for technical plastics.
• Self-responsible, independent and goal-oriented way of working with a high level of self-motivation.
• Strong communication skills, goal orientation, excellent organizational skills and a structured way of working.
• Very good oral and written expression in German and English as well as a confident use of MS Office applications and modern information and communication tools.
• Willingness to travel on business within Europe.
• An exciting challenge in a successful international group of companies with lived management principles.
• A collegial environment and an attractive workplace in a central location in Hamburg.
• Flexible working hours, further training opportunities and performance-related remuneration.
This position is responsible for maximising sales opportunities by developing, maintaining and growing
relationships with our Regional Accounts in Germany. The Account Manager (AM) will lead the
establishment, negotiation, implementation and compliance of agreements, which drive profitable growth
for the company. The AM will focus on deploying site specific customer strategies and programs to retain
existing business, improve penetration and growth of market share.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• AM will be responsible for growing and supporting assigned accounts allowing adequate time to develop relationships with multiple contacts.
• Develop strong relationships across the customer’s organisation to influence decision makers at all levels and drive compliance.
• Manage and maintain pricing strategy for multiple locations. Expand product categories for greater share on market and implement new programs to drive margin improvement.
• Manage extensive travel based on priorities and be responsible for customer action planning and project management to meet growth objectives.
• Negotiate sound and favourable agreements to drive business.
• Acts as the primary point of contact to the customers.
• Working directly with buyers, product development and marketing people at customers to anticipate future needs and ensure that solutions are developed to meet their needs.
• Working closely with the internal technical support team to ensure that customer’s current requirements are understood and met.
• Perform value added selling of the organization through customer education, sample requests, technical service, contract negotiations and quality solution.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Management, Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of sales experience in a business-to-business environment demonstrated sales skills.
• At least 5 years of experience in the plastics industry.
• Fluent in German and English.
• The ability to discover and define commercial and technical customer requirements.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Able to establish and build relationships at all levels.
• Clear sense of ethic and a high standard of professional conduct.
• Self-motivated professional with a straightforward approach to problem solving.
• Team player.
For further details or for an initial confidential telephone discussion please contact Piotr Smukowski on 0044
• Development of PVC compounds.
• Formulation maintenance and optimization as well as application testing.
• Advising customers on possible applications of our products through the introduction of new products.
• Customer support for sampling, complaints, etc.
• Establishment of quality guidelines for the development of new products.
• Preparation of technological documentation.
• Cost optimization by using suitable raw materials for formulations.
• Advising the purchasing department on the selection and procurement of starting materials.
• Support in the introduction of new test procedures and test methods as well as carrying out practical work in the technical center and test laboratory.
• Accompanying the introduction of new formulations on our large-scale plants.
• Degree in natural sciences, preferably plastics engineering or polymer chemistry.
• Experience in formulation development and application technology desirable.
• Experience in application engineering of compounds, especially in the automotive sector.
• Knowledge and practical experience in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• High level of analytical thinking, interdisciplinary problem solving.
• Flexible, dynamic, team player, physically and mentally resilient, ready for action and reliable.
• Willingness to go on business trips, lasting on occasions for several days.
• Fluent German and English.
Tasks and responsibilities: